Send a Wire Transfer With Ease
Frequently Asked Questions
You may visit one of our convenient branches and one of our banking professionals can assist you. Or, you may download the Wire Transfer Request Form and fax the request to us at 540-378-8952.
What information is required to complete the wire transfer request?
- Your account number (where funds will come from).
- A contact phone number where we can reach you for wire transfer verification call back.
- Information about the beneficiary, or recipient of the funds, their account and financial institution, specifically:
- 9 digit routing number of the receiving institution, or the beneficiary’s financial institution*
- The name and address of the receiving institution
- The beneficiary’s account number, name on their account, and their address
Is there a fee to send or receive a wire transfer?
Yes, please check the current consumer fee schedule or the Wire Transfer Request Form for the current fees.
If someone is wiring me money, what information do I need to provide them?
You will need to provide them our name, address, and ABA routing number:
Freedom First Credit Union
P.O. Box 1999
Salem, VA 24153
You will also need to provide them your account number and name on the account, as well as identify whether the funds are to go into savings, checking, or other.