Thank you for coming to our website to learn more about your local credit union. By you investing and banking with Freedom First we, as a Community Development Financial Institution, are able to reinvest in your local communities.
If you decide to bank with Freedom First, we look forward to many years of financial freedom with you.
What is Freedom@Work?Freedom First's Freedom@Work Program will bring financial expertise, knowledge, and services directly to your workplace as a benefit to your employees.
How does it work?
A Freedom@Work Advocate will work with you and your employees on an ongoing basis to discover how to best address your individual financial needs.
How can this help our employees?
Studies show that personal finance issues are cited as one of the leading causes of stress in the workplace.
Whether that be keeping up with bills, juggling dependent or elder care, tackling medical or student loan debt, saving for retirement, or simply addressing questions about personal finance - Freedom@Work can help empower your employees to achieve financial wellness.
What are the benefits?
- Free financial education and educational newsletters
- On-site events featuring our free ice cream truck, Scoop for your employees
- Free confidential, judgment-free one-on-one financial counseling sessions through the Roanoke Financial Empowerment Center (in English, Spanish, or with the assistance of an interpreter for other languages)
- The full suite of Freedom First products and services, from everyday banking and top-rated digital banking tools to loans, auto financing, and home ownership
- $350 lender credit towards closing costs on your first mortgage with Freedom First
- Employees get paid up to two days early* with direct deposit
- Access to thousands of surcharge-free ATMs nationwide, plus a network of convenient local Freedom First branches in Roanoke, the New River Valley, and Lynchburg
- Free financial reviews with Freedom First staff anytime, retirement planning and investing through Freedom First Wealth Management, and robust free financial wellness resources
- Business banking with federally insured deposits up to $250,000 by the NCUA, a U.S. Government agency