Keeping financial and personal information secure is one of our most important responsibilities. Freedom First Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the information of our members and other non-member visitors who use our website. We value your trust and handle all personal information with care.
As with information we collect through other means, we use the information you provide online to respond to your needs, service your accounts, and provide you information about our products and services.
To ensure information remains confidential, Freedom First Federal Credit Union uses encryption technology such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to protect information you enter and submit from our website.
Regular email is not secure. You should never provide information that is sensitive or confidential (such as your social security number, account number, or PIN) through unsecured email.
Third Party Links
Freedom First Federal Credit Union provides links to other organizations' websites as a service to our members. Freedom First Federal Credit Union does not control and is not responsible for the product, service, or overall website content available at a third party site. Freedom First Federal Credit Union neither endorses the information, content, presentation, or accuracy nor makes any warranty, express or implied, regarding any external site. Freedom First Federal Credit Union does not represent either the third party or the member if the two enter into a transaction.
Freedom First Federal Credit Union's privacy policies do not apply to linked websites. You should consult the privacy disclosures on any linked site for further information, especially before providing any personal non-public information.
Child Online Privacy and Protection
Freedom First Federal Credit Union does not actively solicit or collect data from children. As per the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), the Credit Union does not knowingly market to children under the age of thirteen (13) online or otherwise. If we receive information from anyone who identifies himself/herself as being under the age of eighteen (18) or if we have reason to believe someone under the age of 18 is making the contact, we will treat that contact accordingly and, as such, we will only respond to a direct account inquiry and will not seek to actively solicit any other products and/or services. For more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC website: www.ftc.gov
Social media tools help Freedom First Credit Union facilitate two-way conversations between members, staff, our community, our nonprofit partners, and other credit unions around the world. We invite you to share experiences and contribute to conversations, and we ask you to treat each other, and our employees, with respect. Please refer to these community guidelines when interacting with us via social media channels.
What are Freedom First’s official social media accounts?
Currently, Freedom First Credit Union is active on the following social media channels:
- Facebook®: https://www.facebook.com/freedomfirstcu/
- Twitter®: https://twitter.com/FreedomFirstCU
- YouTube®: https://www.youtube.com/user/freedomfirstcu
- LinkedIn®: https://www.linkedin.com/company/freedom-first-credit-union
- Instagram®: https://www.instagram.com/freedomfirstcu_va/
- TikTok®: https://www.tiktok.com/@freedomfirstcu_va
Why should I connect to Freedom First on social media?
You should connect with us through social media because you will always get the latest info on topics such as:
- Product announcements
- Event updates
- Community activities and accomplishments
- Exclusive offers
- Financial education and personal finance tips
- Freedom First news
- Industry news about credit unions and finance
Should I use these social media sites for customer service issues?
Because we value the security of your personal information, we will not be able to answer account-specific questions on our social media sites. So please, for any account-specific issues, please use the following customer service channels during business hours:
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (general issues and inquiries) or email@example.com (technical difficulties)
- Call our Contact Center (540-389-0244 local | 866-389-0244 toll free)
- Submit a contact form via our website
- Visit one of our branches
- Send a secure message through your online/mobile banking dashboard
If you call, send, or post a question, we will respond as promptly as possible during office hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm). If your question falls outside these hours, we will get back to you as soon as possible, but please note that we may not be able to get back to you until office hours resume. Our Contact Center also offers a convenient call-back feature for all incoming calls. Visit our branch locator page to see each branch’s operational hours.
When can I expect a response on social media?
We welcome members and non-members to use our social media channels to ask us general questions and give us your feedback. Please note that our social media pages are moderated Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm by Freedom First representatives. We make every effort to respond in a timely manner, but we cannot guarantee that we’ll be able to reply to every comment.
Social Media Public Use Guidelines
- All comments made by Freedom First Credit Union social media fans/followers will be reviewed, and posts that are derogatory, defamatory, obscene, hateful, discriminatory, off topic, sexually explicit, spam, personal attacks, illegal, offensive, those that contain profanity, those that are private or confidential, or any comment that is deemed to be inappropriate will be removed.
- Posts must be in text format from someone over the age of 13.
- Members who post photos directly to Freedom First Credit Union’s social media pages will not be accepted unless specifically requested for a contest or other business-related purpose. In these instances, pictures will be reviewed and removed if inappropriate.
Posts or comments intending to sell a product or service not deriving from official Freedom First Credit Union personnel or those intending to divert traffic to a particular website for personal or monetary gain will not be permitted, including spam.
- All comments are monitored, but not controlled. Freedom First Credit Union reserves the right to remove a post deemed inappropriate. Freedom First Credit Union does not endorse any comments made by its employees, unless they are an authorized representative of the credit union speaking in their capacity as a credit union employee for business purposes.
- Members should not disclose information, such as account user names and numbers, passwords, PINs, social security numbers, or account details, on Freedom First Credit Union’s social media pages. If you have immediate service needs, please call our Contact Center (540-389-0244 | 866-389-0244), send a secure message via online/mobile banking, or visit one of our branches for assistance.
- Except for posting winner names as related to, or identified with, giveaways, contests, or other promotions, Freedom First Credit Union will not post identifiable member information on the page.
- Freedom First Credit Union does not validate assertions or statements in comments on Freedom First Credit Union’s social media pages. All statements and viewpoints expressed are strictly those of the commenter alone and do not constitute an official position of Freedom First Credit Union, unless posted by an authorized representative of the credit union.
- All rights reserved: Freedom First Credit Union reserves the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all user comments, and also has the right to block access to any one group from commenting, or from the page.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Policies
Please note the following copyright and intellectual property policies:
- Infringement on any party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights, or right of publicity or privacy is strictly prohibited and is your sole responsibility.
- By submitting any content to our social media pages, you warrant and represent that you are the copyright owner of the content or that the copyright owner of the content has granted you permission to use such content consistent with the manner and purpose of your use.
- Using our social media pages to distribute unauthorized copies of copyrighted material, including photos, artwork, text, recordings, designs, computer programs, or derivative works of such programs is strictly prohibited and subject to removal.
- Please note that by posting comments, posts, tagged photos, videos, ideas, or any other content on our social media pages, you are granting Freedom First Credit Union nonexclusive, worldwide rights to republish, redistribute, or otherwise use this content in perpetuity in any way we see fit. This includes, but is not limited to, marketing and advertising materials.
Links to Third-Party Sites
We may occasionally post links to third-party sites when we think you’ll find the information helpful. However, please note that this does not in any way constitute an official endorsement of the site or company.
Social Media Properties Disclaimer
Facebook®, Twitter®, YouTube®, Instagram®, TikTok®, and LinkedIn® are owned by third parties unaffiliated with Freedom First Credit Union. Freedom First Credit Union is not responsible for the privacy or security policies at these sites or other third party sites that may be promoted via advertising within these social media properties. Registered trademarks of these social media platforms are properties of their respective owners.
Freedom First Credit Union reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time at its sole discretion.