What does 'financial well-being' mean?
- having control over your day-to-day finances,
- being able to cope with unexpected expenses, and
- being able to make choices that allow you to enjoy life.
Why is Financial Well-Being Important?
- Stress reduction: Good financial health reduces stress and anxiety, allowing you to live a more fulfilling life.
- Improved quality of life: Financial stability enables you to meet your basic needs and pursue your life goals and aspirations.
- Better decision-making: A strong financial standing allows for better decision-making, since you're better equipped to manage your finances, invest in your future, and prepare for emergencies.
- Financial security: Financial well-being provides a sense of security and reduces the risk of falling into poverty or debt.
- Increased opportunities: Good financial health provides you with more opportunities, including access to credit, higher education, and the ability to start a business.
Manage Your Financial Well-Being
Speak to an Expert
Explore More Resources
Speak to an expert.
The Roanoke Financial Empowerment Center is available to anyone in our region at no cost to them, even if you're not a member of Freedom First.
The professionally-trained counselors work with you in a judgment-free environment to achieve your financial goals.
- Helping credit-challenged people build credit and access affordable, small-dollar loans
- Helping members of any age and occupation plan for retirement
- Providing expert advice about personal finance through the Roanoke Financial Empowerment Center
- Providing free reviews of members' finances to see if we can save them money
- Helping first-time homebuyers finance a home and access down payment assistance
- Partnering with local nonprofits to provide services to those most in need in our community
- Helping entrepreneurs start, finance, and manage their businesses