Love Your Community? We Want to Talk to You!
- Our pay and benefits package is very competitive for the region.
- Read on to learn about our awards and recognition.
What should you expect from the hiring process?
Have you seen us around?
|401K Benefit||Contribute the maximum allowed under the rules. Take advantage of a generous employer match.|
Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance for employees and family.
Other options (Cancer, Accident, Critical Illness etc. plans) are also available at a separate cost to employee. Wellness Program with onsite nurse.
Flexible spending accounts for Medical & Dependent Care. Health spending accounts available.
|Education & Tuition||
A very robust Education assistance/Tuition reimbursement program that is competitive with large national companies. An on-staff Trainer to help you learn systems and processes with year-round training.
3 weeks paid time off from year one, with increases after 5 and 10 years of employment.
Paid bank holidays. 8 paid volunteer hours.
Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and Long Term Disability premiums paid by Freedom First.
Hard work, talent, and merit are recognized with advancement and incentive rewards.
|Transparency in Coverage|
A Unique Working Environment
We've also been recognized locally & nationally for our expertise and commitment to community investment:
- For our Community Development and Impact Products by the Credit Union National Association, Wall Street Journal & MetLife Foundation, New York Times, Opportunity Finance Network, and the NAACP
- For our robust Marketing and Social Media efforts in 2018 & 2019 by The Financial Brand.
- Named Roanoke Regional Chamber of Commerce Large Not-For-Profit Business of 2018
- Recognized by the National Credit Union Administration for our hiring diversity program
- Consistently ranked in the top 3 by Member Loyalty Group surveys for credit unions under $1 billion in assets
- Our Mortgage Team has been named Roanoke Valley Association of REALTORS® Affiliate Of The Year in 2017 & 2018
- Won "Best in Show" for our float in the 2018 Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade & Shamrock festival in Downtown Roanoke
Tell us, have we sold you on working at Freedom First?
Freedom First is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or marital status, or of any other protected status covered by federal, state, or local law.