Empowering Smart Financial Decisions
Freedom First Offers Free Financial Education Classes & Personalized Financial Coaching
Our financial counselors can provide answers and individualized guidance for money-related questions you have, including:
- How can I improve my credit score?
- How can I reduce debt?
- Is there a better way to pay off student loans?
- How can I set up a budget?
- What are ways that I can save?
Set up a time to talk to one of our certified financial counselors by contacting Courtney Campbell at 540-339-3468 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Partnership with GreenPath Financial Wellness
Freedom First is proud to provide free in-person financial coaching, and we also understand that some members would benefit from additional options to fit their busy lives. That’s why we’ve partnered with GreenPath Financial Wellness to offer even more extended financial counseling opportunities.
GreenPath is a national nonprofit provider established in 1961 and assists over 200,000 people each year helping them eliminate debt, improve credit, and build budgets that work for them.
This partnership allows you to have access to expanded services that include:
- More hours: Financial coaching sessions available by phone until 10 PM Monday-Thursday, until 7 PM on Friday, and from 9 AM until 6 PM on Saturdays.
- Debt management plan: Members who are experiencing struggles with current debt get a clear picture of their options. Those who qualify can enroll in a specialized debt management plan which could enable you to pay off debt quicker while saving money in reduced interest charges.
- Specialized coaching: Experts on staff can help you with Student Loan, Bankruptcy, and Reverse Mortgage Counseling.
- Language access: Expanded Spanish speaking services and coaching available in 170 languages.
- Self-study resources: Head to greenpath.com/university to find e-learning modules, webinars, articles, and other resources on the topics you care about.
Freedom First’s nationally-recognized financial education has won multiple awards:
- 2015 National Winner: Alphonse Desjardins Adult Financial Education Award (CUNA)
- 2016 National Runner-up: Alphonse Desjardins Adult Financial Education Award (CUNA)
- State Level Winner (Virginia) 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016