Empowering Smart Financial Decisions
Freedom First Offers Free Financial Education Classes & Personalized Financial Coaching
Our financial counselors can provide answers and individualized guidance for money-related questions you have, including:
- How can I improve my credit score?
- How can I reduce debt?
- Is there a better way to pay off student loans?
- How can I set up a budget?
- What are ways that I can save?
Set up a time to talk to one of our certified financial counselors by contacting Courtney Campbell at 540-339-3468 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Partnership with GreenPath Financial Wellness
Freedom First has partnered with GreenPath Financial Wellness to offer even more extended financial counselling. GreenPath assists over 200,000 people each year helping them to take control of their finances.
GreenPath is a non-profit provider of budgeting and financial education services that partners with credit unions. This partnership allows you to have access to expanded services that include:
- Financial coaching sessions available by phone until 10 p.m. Monday-Thursday, until 7 p.m. on Friday, and from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Expanded Spanish speaking coaching services.
- Coaching available in 170 languages.
- Specialized coaching through Student Loan Counseling, Bankruptcy Counseling, & Education and Reverse Mortgage Counseling.
- A specialized debt management plan program to assist qualified members that may be experiencing struggles with their current debt.
Freedom First’s nationally-recognized financial education has won multiple awards:
- 2015 National Winner: Alphonse Desjardins Adult Financial Education Award (CUNA)
- 2016 National Runner-up: Alphonse Desjardins Adult Financial Education Award (CUNA)
- State Level Winner (Virginia) 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016